Pages

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Happy Birthdays!!

Well, since I am in catch-up mode on this blog, I figured I would do it again! Both Elliot and Caeden have had birthdays that I haven't posted about yet! Elliot turned 3 on December 30th and Caeden turned 5 on February 2nd.

Elliot's birthday came in the midst of several rounds of a stomach bug so we had to cancel his initial party, but we were able to do a small belated party with his cousins! Elliot loves all things relating to cars, construction, tractors, etc... So for his cake I decided to make a digger cake. The pictures aren't real clear but it is supposed to look like the digger has dug a big hole in the cake!

We had a small party for Caeden as well. We have loved having Chris's brother and his family in the same town for the past five years to celebrate with us, especially since the rest of our family is not able to be here and the boys love playing and celebrating with their cousins! Caeden had requested a "swacker" dinosaur cake and this was my best attempt! I cut and frosted the cake and Owen and Caeden did the decorating with the M & M's and chocolate chips.

I love both of these "middle" boys so much! The Lord has and I am sure will continue to use them as a means of sanctification in my life and I struggle daily to be a faithful mom to my boys! Sometimes I just have to laugh at the fact that I am a mom of 4 boys! Ha! I was so intimidated by little boys when I used to babysit as a young woman. I had no idea what to do with them! And now here I am trying and failing to be a Godly, faithful example of a Biblical woman to them and learning how to love all things related to cars, dirt, worms, warriors, and sound effects!!!!

The Rairick kids!
Love the intensity of my son with his candles!!

Caeden's dinosaur cake!

Caeden opening his gifts!

We were singing Happy Birthday and the Doxology (a Rairick tradition) and he was being so shy and not wanting his picture taken but also loving every minute of his birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment