Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Introducing Hudson Robert

Hudson Robert was born on May 31, 2011 at 5:02 p.m. He was 8lbs. 10oz. and 20 in. long. On that day, I went into my doctor for my normal appointment only to discover that I was already 6-7 cm. dialated. My doctor recommended going into the hospital at that point because the risk of infection was so much greater and I still had almost a week to go before my due date. So, I went home called Chris home from work and confirmed a babysitter for the other boys (thanks, Annie!) and Chris and I went back to the hospital. I was having regular contractions every 3 minutes or so but they weren't really progressing me so I wasn't in active labor. At 3:00 in the afternoon the doctor broke my water and 2, very intense and unmedicated, hours later Hudson was born. We were undecided about his name until after we had him and then Chris settled on Hudson for the first name. We had already decided that his middle name would be Robert after my dad! I must say that this was my first natural labor and it was quite difficult and I was so exhausted afterwards despite the fact that it was only 2 hours long. I can't imagine you girls you endure this for hours and hours on end! Hudson was perfect and quite big and we were so thankful for no complications with his health.

The proud big brothers and Daddy. I don't think that there has ever been a baby as well-loved by his brothers than Hudson is.

We thought he was going to be quite a swarthy baby with these cheeks but he has slimmed down a bit in that area.


This was Hudson at a few days old and now...



This is Hudson at two months old. He smiles a lot and brings us so much joy. He seems like he is going to take after his brother Caeden and be on the thinner side but he is really sweet and we think he is quite cute!

1 comment: