Pages

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

a little sewing...

I took a sewing class my very last semester of college. I honestly left there every time with an atrocious headache. I think I spent more time ripping seams than sewing them, but I am so thankful now that I had an opportunity to learn the basics. I love trying my hand at new things so this past summer I made myself a purse and some other fun things to go in it!
Here is the purse. I will probably never be making these to sell but it was fun. I was able to find fabric in my favorite color combination orange/turquoise!
Here is a wallet and checkbook cover as well. I have a stack of fabric to make checkbook covers with to sell but once again, I am not so sure about the wallet. It was a fun challenge but I made some mistakes and I 'm not sure it would ever look good enough to actually charge people for it!
Here is a picture of the inside of the wallet and the beauty of all my mistakes! The zipper is crooked and the credit card pouches are not quite right! One side is a little big and one side a little small!
Here is a picture of some zippered pouches that I have in my purse. One is for gift cards/coupons, another is for receipts and the last is for miscellaneous stuff that I don't want floating around my purse like chap stick and a pen and so on!

And here are a couple of pictures of some zippered pouches that I have for sale! Each one measures about 5" by 7". They would make a great make-up bag or change purse or one of the uses I mentioned above.

Each pouch is fully lined, has a coordinating ruffle in the front, and has a square bottom so it stands up. I am charging $8 each. Any questions please email me at crbuttons@hotmail.com.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Cari, I'm crying the wallet woes with you. I made 10 for a friend to give her bridesmaids and at the end of it I never wanted to see a wallet again!!!!!! They are so tricky with all the layers of fabric, perfect measuring, weird zippers....BUT, yours looks beautiful in the picture, it almost looks like the zipper is supposed to be crooked! And of course, I love the change purses!

    ReplyDelete